Senior Research Scientist and Adjunct Research Assistant Professor, Boston University and Fraunhofer Center for Manufacturing Innovation (CMI)
Principal Investigator, Flow Based Diagnostics, Intellectual Ventures/Global Good, University of Washington
Professor, University of Notre Dame
Senior Scientist, Research and Exploratory Development, The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
John T McDevitt
Chair, Department of Biomaterials, New York University College of Dentistry Bioengineering Institute
Director, Business Development, Qualcomm LIFE, Inc.
Assistant Professor, Arizona State University
Assistant Professor, Brigham And Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Medical Device Advisor, Chinese Academy Of Sciences
Professor and Chair, Colorado State University
Professor, University of California San Diego
Ellen Jo Baron
Executive Director, Medical Affairs, Cepheid
Felix and Mildred Yip Endowed Chair in Dentistry; Director for UCLA Center for Oral/Head & Neck Oncology Research, University of California-Los Angeles
R&D Advanced System Engineering and Deployment Manager, Sandia National Laboratories
Professor and Director, Biointerfaces Institute, McMaster University
OverviewWelcome to the Select Biosciences, Inc. 5th Annual Point-of-Care Diagnostics, Global Health and Emerging Viral Diseases World Congress 2017.
This annual conference will discuss the expanding Point-of-Care Diagnostics and Global Health
fields and bring in the Emerging Viral Diseases
field providing the most up-to-date presentations from leaders in
these fields and offer networking and engagement opportunities with
delegates from around the world.
This conference will provide an
overview of the point-of-care (POC) testing landscape, from novel
technologies to regulatory approval. Experts in these fields will share
their views on point-of-care in the clinical setting. The aim of this
meeting is to bring together life science researchers that work at the
interface between biology and chemistry and technology development to
discuss problems, highlight solutions and facilitating collaborations.
Also, we frame the role of POC testing in the expanding Global Health
field and highlight opportunities existing in many parts of the world.
conference covers POC Detection, POC Diagnostics and POC-based
Treatment Options as part of the Comprehensive Coverage of this
Expanding Field. The POC testing field is expanding focused not only on
infectious disease diagnostics (which represents approximately 80% of
the marketplace) but also with cancer and cardiovascular disease focus.
We address each of these segments in this conference.
Registered conference delegates have access to the co-located parallel conferences:
- Lab-on-a-Chip and Microfluidics: Emerging Themes, Technologies and Applications 2017
- Lab-on-a-Chip and Microfluidics: Techologies and Commercialization 2017
- Point-of-Care Diagnostics Global Health and Emerging Viral Diseases World Congress2017
- Biosecurity and Biosensors Summit 2017
The Exhibit Hall is Co-Located with the Conference Tracks and is open October 2-4, 2017.
Call for Posters
You can also present your research on a poster while attending the meeting. Submit an abstract for consideration now!
Poster Submission Deadline: 25 September 2017
- Global Health and Emerging Viral Diseases such as Ebola and Zika
- Impact of Microfluidics/Lab-on-a-Chip Technologies for Point-of-Care (POC) Diagnostics Applications
- Emerging Technologies and Emerging Companies Showcase
- Low-Cost POC Devices for Deployment Worldwide
- POC Diagnostics in Resource-Limited Settings
- POC Diagnostics for Global Health: A Worldwide Perspective
- POC Diagnostics in Cancer and Oncology Testing
- POC Diagnostics in Cardiovascular Disease Testing
- POC Diagnostics in Infectious Disease Testing
- Worldwide Regulatory Trends and Hurdles in the Deployment of POC Testing for Global Health
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
Jeff Fan, Exhibition Manager
Confirmed Speakers to date
Gavi Begtrup, Chief Technology Officer, Eccrine Systems, Inc.
Changchun Liu, Research Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania
Official Journal Partner